Essential Home Maintenance you Can’t Afford to Overlook
If you are the proud owner of your first home, you are to be congratulated; yet there is a lot to learn about building maintenance and repair. You could call it the price you have to pay for being a property owner and with that in mind, here are some of the aspects of home maintenance you will need with property upkeep.
- Drainage – Hopefully, your drainage system works fine, but in the event you do suffer a blocked drain, resist the temptation to unblock it yourself. Finding the blockage can be an ordeal on its own and in most cases, you simply compound the problem. The drain cleaner has CCTV capabilities that can pinpoint the blockage, plus they use a high-powered flush to clean the inside of the pipes and wherever you live in Australia, you won’t be far from a drain cleaning service.
- Roof Maintenance – You certainly can’t afford to take your roof for granted and an annual roof inspection will reveal any minor issues and they can be repaired before they become major. Check out https://www.sydney-roof-repairs.com.au/,a leading NSW roofing contractor with a great reputation. They would be happy to inspect your roof and issue you with a detailed report, which gives you peace of mind.
- Tree Care – Large trees do need regular attention, with seasonal pruning and shaping; talk to a local tree surgeon who would be happy to pop round every few months and attend to the trees and shrubs. It is always a good idea to inspect trees after a bout of stormy weather, especially if you live near the coast.
- Plumbing – The plumbing network in your home is constantly under pressure, as mains water is pumped at pressure and any weak joint or worn faucet would result in a leak. You should make a point of checking out your water pipes at various locations around the home and should you see damp patches on walls or ceilings, call out your local plumber. Click here for home renovation tips.
- Timber Flooring – If you are lucky enough to have solid timber flooring, it does need some TLC. Waxing and polishing not only makes the floor look great, it also protects the wood by adding another layer of protection. Real wooden floors can be sanded down and re-stained; something you can do every couple of years and any liquid spills should be quickly removed.
- Electrics – If the house was professionally wired up, it should have a Safety- Cut switch and you are unlikely to have any power issues. It makes sense to store an emergency plumber’s phone number, just in case; it isn’t a good idea to mess with electricity if you don’t know what you are doing. If you have any issues with power, talk to your local electrician, who has all the solutions.
Most Australian homeowners like to carry out home improvements, which boosts the value of the property, although we should never forget essential building maintenance to keep the home in good order.