What Are The Best Books To Crack SSC MTS Exam?
Staff Selection Commission conducts online written examinations for Multi Tasking Staff regularly. All the interested aspirants should start their preparation by now to avoid the last-minute preparation stress.
Before starting your studies, it is essential to have knowledge about the best books for preparing for the SSC MTS exam. This article lists the best books that you can refer to for SSC MTS preparation.
You can also visit BYJU’S Exam Prep for SSC MTS exam preparation that provides you with online courses, test series, study notes and materials for the exam.
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
Given below are some of the important books for the aptitude section, which will help you in your preparation journey. The following books are listed as per the SSC MTS Syllabus. Know the subject wise books for exam preparation.
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra & K. Kundan
- Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication, authored by Rajesh Verma
- SSC Mathematics solved papers (Kiran Publication)
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by S. Chand Publication authored by R.S. Aggarwal
Books for Reasoning:
Important books for preparation of reasoning as suggested by our subject experts are given below:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by S. Chand Publication, authored by R.S. Aggarwal
- Lucent’s Reasoning by Lucent Publication
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
Books for the English Language
Three books listed here for the English Language are very important and helpful for students trying to crack SSC MTS. Follow all three books to perform well in this section, which is one of the toughest subjects for many.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English from Arihant Publication, authored by S.P. Bakshi
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad and Uma Rani Singh (McGraw Hill Education)
Books for General Awareness & Current Affairs
In this section, candidates need to study newspapers and daily current affairs journals available on the internet. However, we have mentioned some useful magazines or books:
- Pratiyogita Darpan/Ghatna Chakra
- Arihant Publication- 14000+ Questions on GS
- Objective General Knowledge by Lucent
Candidates must perform well in the examination and score above cutoff marks. SSC releases cut-off marks based on various factors like the number of candidates, number of posts, etc.
Tips & Tricks to Clear SSC MTS in the First Attempt
- Hard work is the only key to success in any competitive examination. All aspirants are advised to prepare a timetable and follow it religiously at any cost. Your timetable must have at least 5-6 hours of study every day.
- Previous year papers are the key to success for any competitive examination. Go through the previous year’s question papers to know the SSC MTS exam pattern. It will help you analyze important topics of each subject.
- Once you complete your syllabus, you should take full-length mock tests every day, so that you can prepare yourself before appearing for the exam. You should make a habit of completing the paper within the prescribed time limit.
- Go through all the mistakes, note them down, and try not to repeat the same mistakes again.
With the right guidance, strategy, and resources any examination can be cracked easily. To achieve success in your preparation journey join BYJU’S Exam Prep, online classroom program, and test series.
Stay connected with our education blog & you can write for us about education.